I take umbrage to Aeolus’ fan
When the ensuing clouds disrupt my tan.
Another simple play on words.
1. offense; annoyance; displeasure: to feel umbrage at a social snub; to give umbrage to someone; to take umbrage at someone’s rudeness.
2. the slightest indication or vaguest feeling of suspicion, doubt, hostility, or the like.
3. leaves that afford shade, as the foliage of trees.
4. shade or shadows, as cast by trees.
5. a shadowy appearance or semblance of something.
January 19th, 2011 at 03:12
just a little something i thought up.
Before the umbrage dooms a festive day,
Inevitable though that seems to be:
Remember dear gifts in which we repay
Those eternal times between you and me.
However perforated it might appear,
Damaged by careless others in times past
And wanted by few, even me, I fear,
You still hold my beaten, scarred heart fast.