On the road again!
I knew my dad would snag older songs for his cross-Canada playlist, so I included more contemporary artists on mine.
1. Northwest Passage – Stan Rogers
2. The Vancouver National Anthem – Matthew Good
3. Howe Sounds- Said the Whale
4. Wake Up – Arcade Fire
5. You Oughta Know – Alanis Morissette
6. Your Ex-Lover is Dead – Stars
7. The Pilgrim – Sam Roberts
8. Goin’ Up – Great Big Sea (live)
9. Home for a Rest – Spirit of the West
10. One Great City! – The Weakerthans
11. The Toronto Song – Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie
12. St Lawrence River – David Usher (live)
13. Hallelujah – k.d. lang (live at the Junos)
July 31st, 2010 at 19:21
not bad. but no our lady peace? no avril lavigne? i’d have picked morissette’s “ironic”, since she’s driving in that video too. but hey, most of the music i listen to involves the sound of a harpsichord, so i shouldn’t criticize others.
August 3rd, 2010 at 20:44
Definitely no Avril. OLP was a consideration though! What’s your pick? Thief? Clumsy? 4 a.m.?
August 2nd, 2010 at 12:02
i guess this means we won’t be hearing from you again for a while. 😦 with all the traveling you do, your theme music should be “eagle” by abba. 🙂
August 3rd, 2010 at 20:45
I’m going to write a poem for every province I visit (no territories on this trip). I’ll start posting them soon!
August 3rd, 2010 at 21:21
what did i say about a harpsichord? 😡
okay, never mind that. 😛
i was always a bit partial to “superman’s dead”, not sure why. maybe it’s the lyrics:
“do you worry that you’re not liked?
how long till you break?
you’re happy cause you smile,
but how much can you fake?”
August 12th, 2010 at 06:37
now I see why you’re handsome! however, you know, your father is MUCH MORE handsome than you!! hahahahaha